FCB

FRAG

MOB

SAE

sSs

SA:MP

Novocaine

Novocaine: Forums

Novocaine :: View topic - Los Santos Gang Wars 5.0 Released!! (Beta)

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
View previous topic
[NoV]Austin
Clan Leader
Server Coder
Clan Leader<br>Server Coder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote

After a few months of work, we're finally ready to release LSGW 5.0.

It is still in a beta stage, because we were unable to put it through extensive testing, but we wanted to get it out, so if you have any problems, or see anything wrong, let us know, please Smile.

A big thanks to [NoVr]Lime for keeping me motivated and helping with testing, without him, this would still be months from completion. Thanks to everyone else who chipped in, you know who you are.

Damage Based Turfwars

In an attempt to add more chance of a turfwar, we have changed from kill based turfwar to damage based. The teams still require the equivalent of 10 kill to start a turfwar, but instead it is now 2000 damage to start a turfwar.

Regular Turfwar Changes

If a regular turfwar is chosen randomly when a turfwar starts, it will automatically teleport all members of each team (who are not in an event) to the turf that they are fighting for. (Players who connect afterwards or finish events, will be teleported into the turfwar).

There is no longer a time limit, only a requirement to get to 2000 damage first to win.

If a player pauses, you can still shoot him up to 200 damage. If he remains paused for a while, shoot him some more, he will take more damage.

If one team disconnects and nobody is left in the turfwar, the turfwar is automatically ended.

If no damage is done by either team in 60 seconds, the turf boundaries will resize to make the area smaller.

Turfwar Bar Improvements

When the turfwar bar was originally created, it was designed for only the regular teams, Grove, Ballas, etc, but when we added custom teams, it became a huge mess.

To simplify it, we have made it so that it now shows colored boxes depicting the teams colors, how many turfs they have, and how many of their players are online. It also only shows the teams you are nearest to starting a turfwar with (ordered by damage total descending), NOT the teams who have no turf, as that information is useless to you anyway.

Saving Turf Scores

As our server occasionally restarts, it can be a pain in the ass for taking turf. We have added that the scores save into the database, and in the event of a crash or restart, the scores will be restored.

If two teams were in a turfwar when it restarted, the server will give the attacking team almost a full score towards starting a turfwar as compensation. Requiring only 50 damage to start a new one.

Daily Requirements Saved

We have added a simple indicator to show you if your teams daily requirements have been met.

Return of /gangannounce (/ga)

This command has been added back for use by level 3 and level 4 members of your gang.

/gangannounce <message>

Mod shop, Custom Vehicles at spawn

This is one of the big things that people had been asking for, and it has finally been implemented. I won't bore you with the hours and hours that was spent making it, but we hope you get some good use out of it.

The vehicles can also be used as spawn vehicles, with the mods being saved simply by using /teamvehicles.

Turf owners locked to their teams

If your team has turf, then your class selection will be limited to your team only.

Team damage disabled

It is no longer possible to shoot a teammate, or to damage their vehicles.

Made all spawns have interiors

Every spawn now has an interior, even the one in the woods by the airport. It'll hopefully stop spawn killing of the Aztecas.

Drop weapon command

We have added the ability to drop your weapons, and also the possibility to drop ammo from a weapon. It will drop the weapon you have armed.

/drop
/drop <ammo>

Vehicle bombs and dizziness

We have added a pickup outside of the bomb shop that allows you to buy a car bomb. If you arm it, your teammates will see a text on the car showing how long until explosion.

If you are caught in any explosion, you will be made drunk temporarily to emulate being dizzy. We might take the dizziness out at some point, but it's a pretty fun little thing for now.

Wearing Armor

I had a crazy idea to put armor on the player when he has it. It took a few hours of adjusting sizes per skin, but it was worth it.

Armor and health indicator changes

We've made the height of the armor and health indicator change based on how close you are to the person you're shooting. It's a lot easier to see the hits at all distances now.

Tournament changes

We've added a new command to the tournament script for admins. /tmenu. It lets the admin preview each map and it also allows for auto balancing of the teams by providing /tjoin without an id.

We have added weapon sets too, which allow the admin to give each player an appropriate weapon set for the map... or not.

Derby car choice

When you pickup the derby pickup, you get to choose the vehicle before starting the event. It will also tell the rest of the server what type of derby it is... "Monster Truck Derby", etc.

Sniper Battle adjustments

We've slightly modded this mode to compensate for douchebags. A lot of teams who were winning would hide behind the objects and not play, so we have made them randomly sink to the floor, and the losing teams will randomly raise back up, giving them the cover needed to balance the match back up.

None killing minimodes

In some modes, we've made it not possible to kill anybody, for example, soccer and haystack minigame. There's no need to kill anybody in those modes.

10 minute deposit/givemoney delay and remute

We know how much this pissed you off, so we now keep it logged with your hour save. If the server is restarted, or you reconnect, it will remember how much time you had been on, and allow you to deposit and give money.

It also remembers if you were muted too, so if you were muted, rejoining will automatically mute you again.

Votekick and voteban
No picture for this one? It was requested by our votekickers, so it has been added. You can now /votekick to simply kick, or /voteban to ban for 3 hours.

Triad spawn vehicles

Finally, we have added modded vehicles to all of the spawn vehicles at the Triads as a thanks to them!
Wile
NoV Wannabe
NoV Wannabe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote

GG Twisted Evil
Mero.
NoV Lover
NoV Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:35 pm Reply with quote

Awesome!
Great work!
Edit:Server is locked.
Exodia
NoV Regular
NoV Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:39 pm Reply with quote

Wow thats shitload of work but its worth it i suppose.

Nice work about Triads. And I have a question, you know when your team has a turf you're only limited about gangs, is Triads gang included? I mean can we also choose Triads even if we have turf on our gang? Or the other way around?

I'd write here the ones I liked, but seems I loved em all! Very Happy GG!
Danziger
NoV Veteran
NoV Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quote

Congratulations Smile I can't wait.

Danz

Clan Leader
Server Coder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:07 pm Reply with quote

Exodia wrote:
Nice work about Triads. And I have a question, you know when your team has a turf you're only limited about gangs, is Triads gang included? I mean can we also choose Triads even if we have turf on our gang? Or the other way around?

You can play as both Triad and your gang, we didn't want to limit that.
el_cocho
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:19 pm Reply with quote

Nice job,guys((:
Hopefully this will help the players to keep on playing samp, For all of those who were loosing interest like myself.

Big_Homie
NoV Fan
NoV Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:46 pm Reply with quote

Aw shit, look what i'm missing! Dawg, I'd like to say that it looks awesome. If i'm not busy one of this year days (I'm almost busy all the day enjoying my life, and i'm WAY too old for this game...) I may join up to give it a try.
P.S: I also like the part that the team-kill was disabled, so I'm going to be happy that I won't know about a Grove killing other Grove again.
EDIT: I'll give it a twist now, just for some minutes.

Grove
[NoV]Austin
Clan Leader
Server Coder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:04 pm Reply with quote

See? Much easier to interpret than the old turfwar bar.
[SAE]Peek
NoV Lover
NoV Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:55 pm Reply with quote

Thank you!

Very Happy

Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:51 pm Reply with quote

I love you Austin !!! I love you !!! I have wait a minigun..but thanks for everyone !!!! Very Happy

[NoV]Lime
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:33 pm Reply with quote

it is going to be the most successful version of all time! Smile

Clan Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:28 pm Reply with quote

Very very nice! Im proud of you guys! As I was reading the new updates and attractions, I was getting excited about the new features. I cant wait to see the numbers soar! Great work guys!
Chocs
NoV Lover
NoV Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quote

simply the best ^)

NoV Wannabe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:20 am Reply with quote

Beautiful, this looks so cool, Wink.

"The mask you wear serves its purpose well, but be careful not to lose yourself in it."

View next topic
View previous topic